Library Cards

Your first card is free. Children over the age of five may have their own card if a parent is with the
child when he/she applies for a card and they can write their own name.

We require your driver's license number when issuing new library cards, plus printed proof of your
address (voter's registration, utility bill, checkbook imprint, etc.) Parents must present their own ID.
for their children and agree to pay for any materials damaged or lost.

You may check out one item the first time you use your card.  After 24 hours and the first item has
been returned, you may check out as many items as you wish up to a limit of 20 items being
checked out by you at any time.  The following limits apply:

  •        3 non-fiction books with the same call number (Example: books within the 610 series)

  •        3 books by the same author

  •        3 DVDs

  •        all persons are limited to 10 books in the children's department
Loan Periods and Overdues

Books, audio books and magazines may be borrowed for 21 days and can be renewed once,
provided no one else is waiting for the title.

Overdues are 10 cents a day for books, magazines and audio books.  

DVDs (limit 3) may be kept for 3 days and renewed once.

Overdues for  DVDs is $1.00 per title, per day.

Tuesdays of each week are fine-free days.
Policies and cards
Magness Library drop box:

In the back parking lot.

You may reserve any item.

Interlibrary loans

If we do not have a book that you need, we may be able to borrow it from another library, free of
charge with a few exceptions. Genealogy books cannot be borrowed.  

Computers are available for public use, free of charge.  There is a one-hour time limit.
Please note:  computer use permits will be issued to minors with parental approval,
minors must have this permit with them to access the computers.

Copiers & Copies
Our copiers can reduce or enlarge from your original document.  Price: 20 cents for standard-size,
25 cents for legal-size and 30 cents for 11" x 17".
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights
found online at filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call
(866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information
requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by maill at U.S.
Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W.,
Washington D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at